Saturday, September 17, 2011

26 Weeks

I'm really not sure where the time has gone!?  It seems like just a month or so ago that Matt and I found out we were pregnant and now we are six and a half months.  I cannot wait for two and a half months to fly by so we can meet this little guy!  I know we are blessed to have ultrasound pictures, but I am curious to know what color hair he has (if he has any!), what color his eyes are, what he likes/dislikes, and to watch him grow and explore our wonderful world!!!
 

What I know of him now is that he is a mover and a shaker throughout the day, however, he becomes more dominant in his motions during certain activities that I do.  For example, when I read to my kiddos at school, he is bouncing around.  It makes my heart smile! :)  He always decides that it's time to play when it's time for me to go to bed!  The other night, I was laying in bed, about to read, and he starts moving with such force that my stomach was showing the effects of his motions!  I called Matt in and we both watched in amazement.  We put a pen on my stomach and watched how it rolled everywhere as he stretched, kicked, and explored his movements.  

On a different note, Matt and I have been getting the house ready for his arrival.  I "nested" quite a bit over the summer by cleaning out closets, going through boxes, and making those honest decisions of "Do I really need this?"  We donated so much to Goodwill and my old parish's tag sale. It felt good to get rid of things and make room for more important things!  However, I found it funny to find things that we still had -- some old things from high school, random house decorations that were never used, books, etc.  Anyways, it's cleaned out and gone!  I also spent a lot of time going through pictures... I had 3 boxes full, as well as a large under-the-bed storage container that was full of pictures.  Needless to say, that was a three day project and the results are amazing! All of the pictures are organized into ten photo album books by years, activities, etc.  They are now displayed on our new entertainment center in our family room!

All of our pictures are organized!  I'm not even going to show you my scrapbook collection right now! ;)


Our new entertainment center... Notice Auburn is scoring a touchdown against Clemson! :)


The crib arrived on Monday!  Now we have both the crib and the dresser!  So many sweet friends have given us clothes, and random baby items which we are so grateful for! The baby room wont be ready until after I finish my last graduate class in October, as I need my computer and Matt needs his set up as well!  I can't wait to see it all come together!


Well, the Auburn game is on against Clemson, so I better go!

Matt, Daddy and I at the National Championship Game!  *Bringing a little AU Spirit to the blog!*


War Eagle!

Be Blessed! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with watching my belly move! You will be more and more impressed with his movements down the road. Sometimes we can even feel Emma Claire's little feet! She has been in the same position for a while now so I know where her head/hands/tushy/and feet are :-) It's such an amazing feeling!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to call you! I am hosting a baby shower today for my bestie since 8th grade today. I will call you this evening! I LOVE reading about baby Luke. I can't wait to meet him and he is truly blessed with such AMAZING parents! I hope first grade is going well and good luck wrapping up your masters. I'm so proud of you! Your organization is great! It motivates me to get into my office or more like a "storage" unit right now! Miss you and love you! -Tricia

    ReplyDelete